St Brigid's School Collie
The School Board has a critical role in the development and functioning of our school. Parents are encouraged to nominate for School Board positions as vacancies arise to ensure the school is well supported and resourced to fulfil its Vision and Mission.
Role/Objects of the School Board
The general object for which the Board is constituted is to help the Catholic School fulfil its educational responsibilities in accordance with this Constitution, in accordance with the policies and practices prescribed or recommended by the CECWA, and in accordance with Diocesan guidelines and prescriptions for the religious education program.
Functions of the School Board
The Board shall carry out the following functions in pursuit of its objects:
- planning for the present and future operation of the School;
- providing membership on selection panels for the employment of staff to the School in accordance with CEWA policy;
- providing membership on the panel which recommends the appointment of a Principal in accordance with CECWA policy;
- disseminating information about the School and about Catholic education to persons and organisations in the School community;
- liaising in all matters relating to the financial management of the School with persons and organisations in the local Catholic community;
- managing all the finances associated with the School;
- advising the Principal with respect to School policy.
Membership of the School Board
Criteria for membership of the Board shall be:
- possession of special skills that will be an asset to the Board;
- a deep interest in the welfare of all students and staff;
- a desire to give service to the Catholic School Community;
- a keenness to promote Catholic schooling;
- an ability to work cooperatively and constructively with all other members of the Board;
- a sufficiency of time to devote to Board duties.
To provide the students of Collie and the surrounding areas with the very best educational program, underpinned by Christian values and spiritual development.